Government has listened to your concerns and responded with a new, simplified e-toll dispensation system that addresses affordability and simplicity for road users. This is what you need to know about the system:
- One tariff of 30c per kilometre will apply to all light motor vehicles.
- E-toll fees will now be capped at R225 a month, from R450.
- There will be no charges for people who pass under fewer than 30 gantries a year.
- Penalties on unpaid accounts will be capped at R450.
- Fees that are currently outstanding will be discounted by 60%, with six months to pay.
- While users with unpaid e-toll fees will still be able to renew their vehicle license, the disc will not be issued until the all outstanding fees are settled.
Click on the link where the new e-toll dispensation is unpacked: http://bit.ly/1Eutp62