TOWNHILL ROADS TO BE FULLY OPEN DURING THE CHRISTMAS SHUTDOWN PERIOD
Pietermaritzburg, 9 December 2022 – The northbound and southbound carriageways on the N3 in Townhill will be fully opened during the Christmas shutdown period, the South
African National Roads Agency SOC Limited (SANRAL) has announced.
“SANRAL is pleased to announce that the work on both carriageways of the N3 in Townhill has progressed well in the last few months. However, the recent rains have hampered progress on some of the work which will have to be finalised in February 2023,” said Thabiso Dladla, SANRAL’s Eastern Region Project Manager.
The outstanding work includes:
- Middle and fast lane repairs to the northbound carriageway.
- The construction of the gabion retaining wall on the northbound carriageway.
- Construction of the side drains on the northbound carriageway.
- Reconstruction of the side drain in the median on the southbound carriageway.
- Construction of the additional stacking lanes at Hilton and at the arrestor bed on
the southbound carriageway.
SANRAL wishes all motorists a safe festive season and ask them to abide by all the regulations on the road.