Road closures on the N1 due to sinkhole rehabilitation: Road Markings
Pretoria, 22 March 2022 – The South African National Road Agency SOC Ltd (SANRAL) wishes to notify road users to expect road closures on the N1 South bound between N1/R21 (Flying Saucer interchange) and Botha Avenue in Centurion to allow for rehabilitation work on the sinkhole.
The lane closures on the N1 section 21 at Km 22.1 Southbound will be implemented as follows:
- Tuesday 22 March 2022 at 21h00 to Wednesday 23 March 2022 at 04h00.
- Wednesday, 23 March 2022 at 21h00 to Thursday, 24 March 2022 at 04h00.
- Thursday, 24 March 2022 at 21h00 to Friday, 25 March 2022 at 04h00.
- Sunday, 27 March 2022 at 21h00 to Monday, 28 March at 04h00.
- Monday, 28 March 2022 at to Tuesday, 29 March 2022 at 04h00.
Progress Hlahla, SANRAL’s Northern Regional Manager, said the closure is required to allow for road marking in the lanes of the southbound carriageway. The reconfiguration of the lanes is required to remark the road which has since been increased from three (3) lanes to four (4) to assist in alleviating traffic congestion.
During this period only two lanes will be open. The duration of the closure will be kept as short as possible.
“Motorists are requested to plan their trips, accordingly, consider alternative routes and use caution when making use of the roads,” said Hlahla.
SANRAL apologises for any inconvenience caused during this period and will continue to provide updates to road users as information becomes available.